CREATING A NOWCA ACCOUNT AND / OR PAYING MEMBERSHIP
Membership costs £15.00/year and your membership period commences when you make payment. This gives you access to book and swim at any NOWCA affiliated venue. Each venue offers different activities and events and prices for these are set by the venue.
If you are experiencing problems paying your membership fee, please update your ACTiO app to the latest version. Should you continue to have problems paying, please contact us by using the Submit a Ticket button at the top right of screen.
Become a Member and book:
- Download ACTiO from the app store or play store (or use the desktop version on your computer)
- Open the app
- Choose NOWCA.ORG from the list of organisations (this will only appear the first time you use the app)
- If you have a NOWCA account already, choose Login here from the home page
- If you have forgotten your password, choose Forgotten Password after selecting Login here
- Create a profile (If you are a parent / guardian wishing to create a membership for a child, choose Create Parent Profile. This will allow you to set up a child account and pay and book without paying for a membership for yourself (if you don't intend to book/swim)
- Take note of your Band Pickup Venue. Bands are not posted out – you will collect this when you arrive for your first swim. If you are unable to collect from the venue you have selected here, you can still collect it at any NOWCA affiliated venue by providing your NOWCA registered email address to the duty/venue manager when you arrive at the venue.
** If you receive an error message saying account already exists but you have never had a NOWCA account, please use your email address as the username as it's likely the username you have entered is already being used.
- Once you are logged in you will be able to Pay Membership Fee which will allow you to book activities and events
BOOKING AN ACTIVITY OR EVENT
- Search for a venue using the search bar or select locations from the bottom of the app to view a map of NOWCA affiliated venues
- Once you have selected your venue you can choose from the available activities and events (you can swipe across to see more activities and events)
- Choose an activity (eg open water swimming) and you will see information about the activity in the description
- Scroll down to see the calendar showing dates available to book (highlighted).
- Choose a date to see timeslots available on that day
- Choose a timeslot and enter your card details to book. You will receive a confirmation email for your booking (please check your junk/spam folder if you don't see the email)
TO NOTE, NOWCA provides an integrated booking, venue management & safety system for affiliated venues but NOWCA does not manage the individual venues. If you have a question about your annual membership, please direct enquiries to NOWCA. If you have a question about a booking or a question relating to a particular venue, please contact the venue directly. You can find information for each venue in ACTiO by selecting the venue and then choosing the Venue Info tab.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article